Last year, we got very excited when the Toyota Sequoia received its TRD trim level. It was the first time, in a long time at least, that a model other than the Tacoma, Tundra & 4Runner received a TRD model. It was followed up this year by the introduction of the 86 TRD Special Edition, the first non-truck or -utility vehicle to get a model from the TRD line. Now, two of the most iconic sedans on the Toyota lineup as a whole – the 2020 Toyota Avalon & Camry – will also be receiving their very own trim levels from Toyota Racing Development, and we cannot wait.
[ READ MORE: High-tech Options for the Latest Toyota Camry ]
Both sedans will be track-tuned and more aerodynamically styled than ever before, and we cannot wait to get our hands on them ourselves. Both models will be powered by the popular 3.5L V6 engine that’s capable of doling out 301 horsepower, and it’ll be tethered to an 8-speed automatic transmission with both sport mode and a pair of paddle shifters. That means “high performance” and “fun to drive” will be more meaningful descriptors than ever before.
- 5” matte-black alloy wheels
- Bridgestone Potenza 235/40R19 summer tires
- Stiffer coil springs
- Front/rear sway bars
- TRD Shock Absorbers
- Gloss black front grille with sport mesh insert
- Black exterior badging
- Available in: Supersonic Red, Windchill Pearl, Celestial Silver Metallic, Midnight Black Metallic
- Stainless steel TRD exhaust tips
- Black Sport SofTex-trimmed front seats, featuring fabric inserts, red accents, red-stitched TRD embroidery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel, featuring red stitching
- Red seatbelts
- TRD embossed shift knob
- TRD floor and trunk mats
Each model receives the same upgrades and options, and we cannot wait for either to arrive. Stay glued here to our blog for further updates as they become available.